Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Beginnings of Our Schizo Literary Venture: Guidelines

I've been currently trying to start writing again...ya know...just to get my juices flowing towards things that I want to write that matter to me...and I had this idea one day as I was looking at a story I started but, upon finding it to be too emo to possibly think of how to go on, I gave up on the story and let it sit in my story file. I wondered, "I wonder how this would turn out if other people could help the story along? What would it look like?"

So here we are. I have asked you to embark on this journey with me to see where this story takes us. Many voices telling one story. Much like those one-sentence story games we used to play as children, but on a much more insane and hilarious level.

Before we get started, a few standards must be established for this project. The following must always be kept in mind when writing or planning to write a post for ‘Our Collected Story’:

  • Any addition to the story (i.e. your beginning and/or scheduled blog post) must make sense with the preceding posts. As much fun as it would be to have one or more characters abducted by vicious slimy banana peels with a vendetta for lazy, peel-disregarding humans all of a sudden, if it doesn’t make sense with the story at hand, DON’T DO IT. But if it does, then by all means, let us have angry, vicious banana peels. AS LONG AS IT MAKES SENSE!!!!
  • Each contributor will be allowed one week from the last post created to complete their post and add it to the blog. This should allow enough time to create enough to move the story along in a timely fashion.
  • Each contributor must write a five sentence paragraph per post. It would do no good to have the story move along a sentence at a time.
  • Rotation of posting is determined by your start date. Whoever starts posting first will go first, then second and third, and so on. If someone decides to join the project, they must first join then determine whose start date was last and post after them. Hopefully, a list can be made of the rotation for easier posting schedule determination.
  • Last, but most certainly not least, HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Writing is supposed to be fun, and from here on out, the world we create is our oyster.

I will be posting the beginning of the story sometime tomorrow evening, most likely. Whoever responds to the author addition first can be the next to write.

Hopefully, this won't be too lame.

Ok, really need to go to sleep...long day at work tomorrow...or rather, coming up in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment